- This event has passed.
Emergency First Aid at Work
February 12 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£65
This full day,6 hour course, is an ideal course for lower risk businesses in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (NI) 1982 (as amended)
This course is for individuals who wish to gain knowledge in Emergency procedures and achieve a qualification in Emergency First Aid at Work .
The course includes the following topics:
- Roles and responsibilities of the First Aider
- Aims of First Aid
- Prioritising treatment
- Dealing with a casualty who is unconscious and not breathing normally
- Dealing with a casualty who is unconscious and breathing normally
- (AED) Defibrillator
- External bleeding
- Minor injuries (minor burns, splinters, small cuts and wounds)
- Accident/Incident recording and reporting
This is an approved workplace course. There is no final exam however there will be continuous evaluation throughout the course and learners who are deemed to have reached the required standard will be issued with an certificate in Emergency First Aid at Work which is valid for 3 years (Annual CPR refresher is recommended)