Health & Safety Training
Goody Training Solutions provides the following Health and Safety training:
Training Courses We Offer In Belfast and throughout Northern Ireland
Introduction to Health & Safety
Moving and Handling
COSHH (Control of Substances Harmful to Health)
Introduction to Health & Safety & Risk Assessment
Introduction to Health & Safety and Risk Assessment are half-day courses aimed at SMEs, enabling them to comply with current legislation. Both courses include exercises which allow participants to experience the complexities of fulfilling their obligations before applying their learning in their own organisations.
Moving and Handling
Ask most people who have attended a Moving and Handling Course what it was about and if they learned anything useful, and the most common answers are that they were taught how to lift cardboard boxes and that they didn’t learn much!
At Goody Training Solutions, we comply with Health and Safety Executive guidelines covering the topics that must be included in a Moving and Handling course, but seek to add both relevance to the candidates and value for their organization.
Rather than an “off the peg” session, we consult with the customer organisation as to the actual duties of the candidates and the appropriate Health and safety policies in force. We aim to show the participants how they can put the information they get on the course to proper use to think through what they must do to avoid fatigue and injury.
- Health & Safety legislation
- How the back functions
- Mechanisms of injury
- Upper limb disorders
- Safe manual handling techniques and avoiding injury
- Risk assessment
We can offer a one-day food hygiene course and you may choose from either the CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Safety or the Qualsafe Awards L2 Certificate in Food Safety. Formal training of some description is required by most local and national government agencies for anyone involved in the preparation, cooking and handling of food.
Subjects covered include:
- Food safety and hygiene hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
Under COSHH (Control Of Substances Harmful to Health Regulations 2002), employers have a duty to protect all employees and members of the public who may be exposed to hazardous substances.
This half-day course equips employees to:
- Understand the responsibilities placed upon them and their employer by COSHH and by other Health & Safety legislation
- Recognise hazardous substances as defined under the legislation and be aware of the hazards these substances pose
- Make use of the labelling and information contained on data sheets supplied with substances under the Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations 2002 (CHIP) as part of risk assessment and implementation of control measures